DOVES Program Overview
DOVES stands for Dedicated Official Volunteers Emanating Spirit. This program provides school families with the opportunity to share their gifts and enrich student life at St Edith Catholic School. It also gives family members a way to be involved in their children's education and growth.
As a member of the St Edith School Community, each family is required to serve a minimum of 10 hours (5 hours per single parent household) of volunteer service during each academic year. All 2015-16 DOVES hours must be completed by May 1, 2017.
St Edith offers numerous volunteer opportunities which you will find on the Parent Volunteer Activities List.
- Activities on the Parent Volunteer List
- Hours that enhance the quality of education to the social and recreational well-being
- Activities that provide opportunities to contribute to the social and recreational well-being of St Edith Catholic School Community
Unacceptable DOVES Hours
- Paid Positions, such as regular lunch duty
- Simply attending but not working at an event, such as attending an open house or school concert
- Volunteer efforts on behalf of other groups/clubs, outside of St Edith Catholic School
How to Report/Track DOVES Hours
- As a volunteer, please sign the tracking sheet for your chosen activity, provided by the Event/Activity Coordinator
- The event/activity coordinator will then turn these sheets in to the SEPA (St Edith Parent Association) DOVES Coordinator
- The DOVES Coordinator will track ALL DOVES hours, for all families
- When you have reached 10 hours, you will receive a DOVES completion email, from the DOVES Coordinator
If you are unable to complete 10 DOVES hours within the school year, you will incur a charge of $10 per hour. (note: this will be increasing to $25/hour for the 2017-18 school year). If this happens, please submit a check, made payable to "St Edith Catholic School", C/O SEPA, by June 7, 2016. DOVES accounts not settled by that date will roll into the next year's tuition. If you should have questions or concerns regarding DOVES hours, please contact a SEPA Board Member or Mrs Wojciechowski.
Protecting God's Children
The Archdiocese of Detroit mandates that all volunteers, parents and grandparents, take the "Protecting God's Children Workshop". This is a 3 hour one-time class. If you have not already attended the workshop, please click on the 'Protecting God's Children' link above, register and take a class. A criminal background check is also required. Click the 'Background Check From' link above. Fill out the form and turn it into the school office.
Go to main navigation