A student’s appearance, self-respect, and performance tend to be correlated with one another. In addition, uniforms tend to lessen material competition, thereby freeing the students to focus on academics and higher social values. Uniforms also serve as a source of identity, characterizing the principles, values and beliefs unique to Catholic Schools in general, and St. Edith School in particular. Therefore, we require uniforms and hair styling in accord with well-accepted tastes to meet St. Edith’s standards.
- Navy Slacks
- Polo Shirts – long or short sleeve white polo with St. Edith logo only (buttoned and TUCKED IN)
- Navy sweater (Optional)
- Socks - plain white, navy, grey, crew or no-show
- Navy Walking Shorts (Optional); may be worn during the months of August-September and May-June.
- Earrings and jewelry are not permitted.
- Extreme hair styles are not permitted (shaved areas, defined lines, tails, bleaching or coloring hair, corn rows, etc.)
- Grades 1 - 4: Plaid jumper (knee length)
- Grades 5 - 8: Plaid Kick-pleat Skirt or Split-Skirt (Optional) (knee length.)
- Long or short sleeve white polo with St. Edith School logo only. Any student wearing a jumper may wear a plain white polo shirt.
- White turtleneck knit blouse (Optional)
- Navy Slacks - Gr. 1-8 (Optional)
- Socks - Plain white, navy, grey knee socks, anklets, no-show, tights or leggings (no designs)
- Navy Walking Shorts (Optional); worn ONLY during the months of August-September and May-June.
- No make-up, no nail polish, and no jewelry except one simple pair of post earrings
- Extreme hair styles are not permitted (including bleaching or coloring of hair, dread locks, etc.)
- Dark colored dress shoes, with no more than 1 inch heel height, may be worn.
- CLEAN athletic/tennis shoes that are appropriate with our school uniform may be worn. No bright colors like lime green, pink, purple.
- All shoes must be low-cut, with a no more than 1 inch heel height, and have non-marking soles.
- NO LIGHT-UP/LUMINATOR SHOES. NO CLOGS
- Preschool, Kindergarten – grade 7.
Gym Dress Code: Boys and Girls (Grs. 1-8)
- Uniform royal blue sweatpants. Uniform royal blue shorts may be worn during gym class only
- Royal blue T-shirts or sweatshirts with the school logo
- This gym uniform is to be purchased through Educational Outfitters.
- If dress shoes are worn, athletic shoes must be available to play in the gym at lunch. Anyone without athletic shoes will NOT BE ALLOWED on the gym floor.
- No snow boots are to be worn throughout the school day.
- Scout uniforms are permitted for those troops meeting at St. Edith.
- Underneath T-shirts, if worn, must be white.
- No body piercing or inking, anywhere, is allowed.
Special School Days
- Spirit Day - Uniform pants/skirts/jumpers with a spirit shirt or gym shirt.
- SCRIP Casual Day - Jeans or casual slacks, and appropriate T-Shirt.
- Mission Casual Day - Jeans, sweats and an appropriate T-Shirt. Leggings may only be worn under a skirt or dress. Leggings may not be worn with a t-shirt.
- Dress Up DAy- Nice slacks, shirts, dresses, skirts, blouses. The following may not be worn at any time: Jeans, baggy or low-hanging pants, mini-skirts, tank tops, low-cut tops of any type, music or slogan T-shirts.
A check will be done daily after prayers. A student that is out of uniform will receive a uniform violation slip to be taken home.
Go to main navigation