This year’s First Lego Robotics club will be starting in January!
We will be holding sessions for two age groups:
- First Lego League Jr.: 2nd - 4th graders
- First Lego League: 5th – 8th graders
The following are the planned meeting times:
- 2nd-4th graders (First Lego League Jr.): Tuesday evenings, 5:00 - 6:00pm
- 5th-8th graders (First Lego League): Tuesday evenings, 6:00 - 8:00 pm
Start date is planned for January 21, 2020.
Lego Robotics is a team-based club following the FIRST LEGO League program. FIRST LEGO League is designed to introduce STEM concepts to kids while exciting them through a brand they know and love − LEGO®.
There will be a participant fee - approximately $10 - $25 per student. Final fees will be determined after the number of students participating is known.
If you are interested in having your child participate please call, text or email one of the program coordinators by January 2nd with the following information:
- Student name and grade
- Parent name and contact information (email and phone).
In addition, we are in need of parents to act as coaches. No experience is necessary! Please contact one of the coordinators if you are interested.
The following is a high-level description of what students will be doing in the club:
- Learn about and research a scientific concept. This year’s challenges are:
- First Lego League Jr:
- “Boomtown Build” : Imagine the Future
Club Meeting Dates
All meetings will be held in the school computer lab.
- January 21
- January 28
- February 4
- February 11
- February 18
- February 25
- March 3
- March 10
- March 17
Go to main navigation