New Family Information
2012-2013 In-Parish Registration Form
2012-2013 Out-of-Parish Registration Form
- School tours are available. Please call the office to schedule an appointment at (734) 464-1250.
- Currently, there are 230 students enrolled in our school. Maximum class size is 30 students.
- School begins at 7:55 am and dismissal at 3:00 pm
- Families who live in the Livonia Public School district are eligible for Livonia Bus Transportation. Please contact the Livonia schools for pickup.
- St Edith School has a Full Day Kindergarten and one classroom for grades one through eight.
- In Kindergarten through Fifth Grade the students participate in at least one "Special" class per day. They are Art, computer, Library, music or Physical Education.
- Our Academic School Performance
- St. Edith School follows the guidelines of the Livonia Public Schools concerning school closings. When Livonia Public Schools are closed due to severe weather conditions, St. Edith School is closed also.
Livonia Share Time Program
St. Edith participates in the Livonia Share Time Program. Teachers specializing in the following subjects come to our school and teach on site:
- Computers (Grades 1-7)
- Art (Grades 1-8)
- Foreign Languages (Grades 7-8)
- Music (Grades 1-6)
- Physical Education (Grades 1-8)
- Journalism (Grade 8)
Kindergarten also participates in Computers, Music and Physical Education.
Uniform and Dress Code
Navy Slacks, Plain Polo Shirts or Turtlenecks (long or short sleeves, white), Navy Sweater (optional), Plain white or navy socks. During Aug, Sept, May, June students may wear Schoolbelles Navy Walking Shorts.
Plaid Jumper (Grade 1-4), Plaid Skirt (Grade 5-8), Plain White Knit Blouse, Polo or Turtleneck (long or short sleeves), Navy Slacks, Navy Sweater (optional), Plain white or navy socks. During Aug, Sept, May, June students may wear Schoolbelles Navy Walking Shorts.
Dark colored dress shoes, with an appropriate heel height, may be worn. CLEAN athletic/tennis shoes that are appropriate with our school uniform may be worn. All shoes must be low-cut, with a manageable heel height , and have non-marking soles.
Uniform royal blue sweatpants. Uniform royal blue shorts may be worn during gym class only. Royal blue T-shirts, Shorts or sweatshirts (optional) with the school logo. This gym uniform is to be purchased through Schoolbelles.
||Uniform pants/skirts/jumpers with a spirit shirt or gym shirt, TUCKED IN. (View Spirit Wear form)
|SCRIP Casual Day:
Jeans or casual slacks, and appropriate T-Shirt, TUCKED IN.
|Mission Casual Day:
Jeans and an appropriate T-Shirt, TUCKED IN.
|Dress Up Day:
Nice slacks, shirts, dresses, skirts, blouses. NO JEANS, BAGGY OR LOW-HANGING PANTS, MINI-SKIRTS, TANK TOPS, MUSIC-SLOGAN LOGO SHIRTS MAY BE WORN
- If dress shoes are worn, athletic shoes must be available to play in the gym at lunch.
- No snow boots are to be worn throughout the school day.
- Scout uniforms are permitted for those troops meeting at St. Edith.
- Underneath t-shirts, if worn, must be white.
- No tattoos or body piercing, anywhere, is allowed.
- No make-up, no nail polish, and no jewelry except one simple pair of post earrings. No earrings for boys are allowed.
- Extreme hair styles are not permitted (including bleaching or coloring of hair, dread locks).
When shopping online, St. Edith School code is: 603