St. Edith Catholic School is a Catholic parish school, offering an education program from 4 year old Pre-School through Grade 8. As a member of the Archdiocese of Detroit, St. Edith shares the vision of Catholic education of the Catholic Church of Detroit. We recognize our responsibility to educate our students in the beliefs, practices, and traditions of the Catholic faith.
New Family Information
- School tours are available. Please call the office to schedule an appointment at (734) 464-1250.
- Currently, there are 210 students enrolled in our school. Maximum class size is 30 students.
- School begins at 7:55 am and dismissal is at 3:00 pm.
- Families who live in the Livonia Public School District are eligible for Livonia Bus Transportation. Please contact the Livonia Schools Department of Transportation for pickup.
- St. Edith School has a 4 year old Preschool, Full Day Kindergarten and one classroom for grades one through eight.
- St. Edith School follows the guidelines of the Livonia Public Schools concerning school closings. When Livonia Public Schools are closed due to severe weather conditions, St. Edith School will be closed also.
- Incoming kindergarten students for the 2016 -2017 school year must be age 5 as of September 1, 2016.
- Incoming preschooler students for the 2016-2017 school year must be age 4 as of September 1, 2016.
- First Day of School for the 2016/17 school year in Monday, August 29, 2016.
Registration Dates for 2016/17
Open Registration for all grades, 4 year old Preschool, Kindergarten through Gr. 8, begins March 1, 2016, from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Anyone seeking admission to St. Edith Catholic School may come to the School Office to register .
Registration Fees for 2016/17
- $300.00 - Kindergarten through Gr. 8
- $125.00 - Preschool
These registration fees are not applicable towards tuition and are non- refundable.
- A birth certificate is required for anyone applying for admission to Pre-School and/or Kindergarten.
- The kindergarten student must be five years of age by September 1st. The preschool student must be four years of age by September 1st.
- A Baptismal certificate is required for all new students.
- New students in grades 1-8 are required to bring in a current report card and IOWA/MEAP Assessment scores.